Daily Travel Company sincerely introduce you the Mekong Delta two days tour overnight at farmer’s house as follows:
Trying a new experience at homestay with farmer’s house in the original Mekong Deltal. Seeing the floating market. Taking part in lively activities along river such as fishing, water transferring. Wandering into the village to see local people make sleep mats, make bricks in handy and enjoy tasty coconut in orchard garden. Trying a new experience on “ tuk tuk” or “ xe loi” on shady paths, pass by green rice fields and vegetable plains to be able to touch on real life and find out tropical culture from Peasants.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh city – My Tho city – Ben Tre province – Can Tho city (Lunch, dinner)
- At 08.00am, leave Ho Chi Minh city. It takes one hour and thirty minutes to drive to My Tho town. On the way, travellers will have chance to see these beautiful landscapes along the road such as the green rice fields, the peaceful Vam Co Dong river and the busy Long An town. End of the route, our bus will stop at Mekong rest top where you can take a rest and see bonsai garden.
- Arrive in My Tho town, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, which is the most ancient one in Southern Vietnam and known as the largest pagoda and the most special architecture in Mekong Delta. Its architecture was influenced by Vietnamese culture, Khmer’s culture as well as European’s architecture.
- After visiting Vinh Trang pagoda, our bus will take travellers to the pier boat for getting on a motorbike boat. Take a leisurely boat ride in Tien river to enjoy fresh air, to see the peaceful life of the local people. Passing the stilt house, the fishing floating farm, the four Islands (Dragon, Phoenix, Tortoise, Unicorn)
- After passing Rach Mieu bridge, we disembark at Thoi Son Islet that locates on Phoenix Island. Take a leisurely walking on the village paths, visit local people’s home, orchard garden and enjoy seasonal fruits while listening to traditional Southern folk music.
- Then visit honey bee farm and enjoy delicious honey tea with lemon that is really good for health. Local people also have python farms for those who like adventures can take photos with pythons.
- Take a hand – rowed sampan through the creeks for seeing the natural water coconut trees, a symbol in the Delta areas.
- Return to the motorbike boat then cruising to Ben Tre province, visit coconut candy workshop to know how to make delicious candies by hand.
- The highlight of the trip is taking sightseeings through the peaceful villages by horse cart.
- Then cruising to Unicorn Island to visit crocodile farm and visit the remains of Coconut belief.
- Having lunch in orchard garden. Do not forget to enjoy dried Ear Elephant fish that is one of the special dishes in Mekong Delta.
- After lunch, riding on bicycle through the village paths to enjoy the fresh air and observe the pastoral life.
- Then take a short walk through the narrow village path to the bus and proceed to Can Tho city.
- On the way, our tour guide will introduce to travellers the symbol of culture, dining and entertainment places in Can Tho city.
- Arrive in Can Tho city. Transfer to a village in Cai Rang district by motorbike, you will meet a friendly local farmer’s house where you will stay at their house. In the late afternoon, wandering around the village to see orchard garden or chatting with local people to experience the rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta resident.
- Having dinner with family and enjoy some kinds of traditional local cuisines.
- Overnight at farmer’s house.
Day 2: Can Tho city – Cai Rang floating market – Ho Chi Minh city (Breakfast, lunch)
- After breakfast at the hotel. At 07.00am, take a leisurely walk to Ninh Kieu wharf. Tourists will have chance to see morning streets market with many products homemade such as fruits, vegetables, cake…. They are sold on the way to the wharf.
- Cruising in the river to the busy Cai Rang floating market, one of the biggest floating markets in Southern Vietnam. Visitors will be surprised to explore “the method of the business” in the floating market areas. It is really impressive.
- After exploring the floating market, visitors will visit the place to see how local people make rice vermicelli noodle and the orchard garden. Wandering in the village and try your best to cross the bamboo bridge which is built only by one bamboo tree.
- Cruise back Ninh Kieu wharf.
- After having lunch, heading to Ho Chi Minh city.
- The tour ends at 17.00.
Price: US$54/person (applied for joining tour)
Tour price includes:
- Air conditioner bus for transfer and sightseeing as per program
- English speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Boat trip on Mekong Delta
- Hand – rowed sampan
- Lunch on Day 1 & Day 2
- Dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast on Day 2
- Honey tea seasonal fruits
- Southern folk music show
- Homestay arrangement
Tour price excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Personal expense
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program.
Thank you for visiting our Mekong Delta two days tour overnight at farmer’s house. We are looking forward to serving you.