The World’s Biggest Cave
- Finally, after years of speculation, the Vietnamese government has granted (strictly regulated) access to Hang Son Doong, the world’s biggest cave. Sign up for the trip of lifetime.
Imperial Citadel, Hanoi
- The nexus of Vietnamese military power for more than 1000 years, Hanoi’s World Heritage-listed Imperial Citadel has recently been opened for public viewing. It’s a right royal history lesson.
Phong Nha Fun
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park continues to open up. Superb new hiking and caving excursions are now possible deep inside Paradise Cave to remote Hang En, and the Tu Lan river-cave system.
Zone 9, Hanoi
- Filling a former pharmaceutical factory with bars, galleries and art spaces, Hanoi’s Zone 9 precinct is the city’s hippest and most vibrant new destination.
Hill Station Signature Restaurant
- In chic surrounding in Sapa, learn how to cook H’mong cuisine at the Hill Station Signature Restaurant. Wash it all down with a tasting set of delicious ruou (traditional rice wine).
Independent Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
- A bevy of entertaining and inspiring tours is now up for grabs, taking visitors on a wild carousel ride of street food, night sights, bars and more.
A Tribal Base
- High in the hills above Hoi An, this spectacular, unexpectedly comfortable new guesthouse is located in Bho Hoong, a traditional Co Tu minority village.
An Bang Beach
- This beach goes from strength to strength with hip new accommodation choices, like the delightful An Bang Seaside Village, and chic new restaurants, like the effortlessly relaxed, ocean-facing le Banyan Bar.
- Such is its fame these days that the main Cham island settlement of Bai Lang can get crowded, but pretty Bai Huong remains totally tranquil, and has a great new homestay program.
Cat Ba Island Hotels
- New hotels are opening up on private islands in the Cat Ba area, including Cat Ong Beach Cottages, which has its own private beach and chic bungalows.
Phu Thuan Beach
- A short cruise from the cultural capital of Hue, lovely Phu Thuan Beach offers a perfect vision of the tropics, with ocean-washed clean sands, a shack-bar and beautifully crafted, great-value accommodation.