Mekong Delta fireflies day trip
- At 14.00, leave Ho Chi Minh city, enjoy the scenic journey along the National Highway bordered by green rice fields. On arrival at My Tho, take a leisurely boat ride along the river, view stilt houses, fruit plantations and fishing villages along the river bank. Sightseeing four beautiful islands Long (Dragon), Lan (Tortoise) Qui (Phoenix), Phung (Unicorn). Wander through Thoi Son island, visit local coconut candy workshop, take a boat to orchard at Tortoise Islet and taste five seasonal fruits, listen to “ Don Ca Tai Tu Nam Bo” one of Vietnamese folk music. Enjoy honey tea and take a row sampan through the narrow water coconut creek. Then cruising to Unicorn Island to visit crocodile farm and visit the remains of Coconut belief.
- Having dinner at Riverside restaurant.
- At nightfall we started out on an expedition to find fireflies. From a small dugout boat with rickety seats we paddled down canals lined with little shrubs where fireflies flickered in the night. With stars sparking above, flashing bugs lighting up our fingers and frogs croaking nearby it was a night to remember.
- Return to Ho Chi Minh city by road.
- End the tour at your hotel around 21.00.
Tour price includes:
- Air conditioner private car for transfer & sightseeing as per program.
- English/Japanese speaking tour guide
- Private boat trip in Mekong Delta
- Private hand – rowed sampan
- Vietnamese folk music show
- All entrance fees
- Mineral water on car (1 bottle/ pax/day)
- Hotel pick up & drop off service
- Dinner at Riverside restaurant
Tour price excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program.