Daily Travel Company is honored to introduce to travelers our Mekong Delta resident’s culture cuisine and floating markets tour 3 days 2 nights as follow:
Highlight of the trip
- Seeing the most biggest floating markets in Mekong Delta
- Visit abundant orchard gardens
- Visit the handicraft villages
- Sightseeing on the river by motorized boat and sampan
- Joining activities of riding bicycles, doing the handicraft products under the guidance of local host
- Exploring Tra Su Cajuput Forest by hand –rowed sampan
- Enjoy local cuisine
- Cooking dinner with local host
- New experience for a night at homestay
- Seeing particular symbol of the Mekong region
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh city – Cai Be floating market – Vinh Long – Chau Doc (Lunch)
- At 07.00am, our tour guide and driver meeting you at your hotel and leave Ho Chi Minh city for Cai Be. En route our tour guide will introduce to tourists the specific cultures of Mekong river residents
- 08.30am: take a rest at Mekong rest stop where you can see all of the landscapes of the Southern Vietnam in its garden and able to enjoy tasty cuisines in Mekong region. It is really an impressive place for tourists.
- 08.45am: continue your trip to Cai Be
- 09.30am: arrive to Cai Be dock. Cruising in the river to the busy Cai Be floating market where is placing many boats filling fully fruits and agricultural produces on.
- After that, cruising to the villages where is lying on along the Tien river bank. Wandering on the village paths under orchard gardens to local business families to see how they make brick, crispy corn, rice wine…
- 12.00: our boat will take tourist to Tan Phong Island for having lunch.
- After short rest, take a riding on bicycle around the village paths to see orchard gardens (jack fruits, rambutan, organe, logan, pomelo fruits…)
- Then getting on hand – rowed sampan through the creeks to enjoy the natural beautiful landscapes and the peaceful life of the islanders.
- Listening and watching traditional folk music performance in an orchard garden.
- 15.00: cruising back to Cai Be dock and visit a land market.
- Then proceed to Chau Doc. Check in on arrival
- Leisure for exploring the town in night. Overnight in Chau Doc
Day 2: Chau Doc – Sam Mountain – Tra Su Cajuput Forest – Long Xuyen – Can Tho (Meal: Breakfast, lunch)
- Having breakfast at the hotel. At 07.00am, driven to Sam Mountain a particular symbol of Chau Doc town to visit Xu Lady temple and Cave Pagoda.
- Then take a nice boat trip through the floating village to visit a fish farm to see how the Mekong Delta people raise fish in their floating houses. Visit the Cham minority with their traditional weaving village, followed by a local Islamic Mosque.
- Transfer to Tra Su cajuput forest, which is renowned for not only its almost-untouched natural beauty but also its sanctuary of flora and fauna. Take a boat trip into the forest, you will immediately feel like you are harmonizing with nature because of all of the impressive pictures of cajuputs, the fragrance of the flowers and the music-like noise of birds, insects and animals making people relaxed and comfortable. From the observation post, you can overlook the forest with an area of nearly 900 ha, home of many birds and animals, including some rare ones.
- After that, proceed to Can Tho city. En route, stopover at Long Xuyen to see crocodile farm.
- Continue your trip to Can Tho and visit Binh Thuy ancient house village before transfer to a village in Cai Rang district by motorized boat, you will meet a friendly local farmer’s house where you will stay the night at their house. In the late afternoon, wandering or riding on bicycle around the village to see orchard garden or chatting with local people to experience the rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta resident.
- Joining prepare cooking dinner with family and enjoy some of kind traditional local cuisines. Overnight at farmer’s house.
Day 3: Can Tho city – Cai Rang floating market – Ho Chi Minh city (Breakfast, lunch)
- After breakfast at the famer’s house. At 06.30am, boarding on a motorized boat to Cai Rang floating market. In the way, you can see many bustling activities along Can Tho riverbanks. You have chance to know how local people go fishing and transport passengers as well as product by the waterway.
- Approaching Cai Rang floating market, you can reappear the selling activities in the past by using a traditional “offering pole” for exchanging consumer goods.
- The tourist will visit the local rice-nobble factory and learn about the traditional method for producing the rice-noble.
- To understand more about lifestyle over there, you keep going into some small creeks, you will fell the pure atmosphere and enjoy the Southern countryside.
- Visting Ba Cong garden where you can enjoy some special seasonal fruits.
- Cruising back to Ninh Kieu Wharf and return to Ho Chi Minh city.
- Arrive to the city and drop you off at your hotel around 16.00
||5- 6 people
||7 – 8 people
||9- 10 people
|Cost in US$ per person
Tour price includes:
- Private transport for pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program
- Hotel picking up and drop off service
- Cold mineral water (2 bottles/ person/ day)
- English speaking tour guide
- Private boat trips in the Mekong Delta
- Private hand –rowed sampan
- All entrance fees
- Seasonal fruits, honey tea
- Southern folk music show
- One night at Trung Nguyen hotel in Chau Doc (two people share a double/ twin room)
- One night home stay arrangement in Can Tho city
- Meals as indicated in the tour program
Tour price excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses.
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
Thank you for viewing our Mekong Delta resident’s culture cuisine and floating markets tour 3 days 2 nights. We are looking forward to serving you.